Updated Travel Update for the Bahamas
On July 1st, the Bahamas entered into phase 2 of their reopening program. In an effort to keep the Bahamas open and safely open, the following conditions have been updated:
- Prior to arriving, you are required to present a negative (swab) test result upon with a test that has been taken no later than 10 days from arrival to the Bahamas.
- Completion of an Electronic Travel Health Visa
- Masks are required
Specific list of boating requirements include:
- On arrival (having cleared at local ports of entry), anyone disembarking at a marina will be subject to potential additional screening mandated by Ministry of Health, such as taking of temperature.
- While clearing Customs & Immigration, crew and passengers are required to wear a mask, covering the nose and mouth.
- There are no restrictions for inter-island travel within The Bahamas. Domestic travel needs to be logged in at https://travel.gov.bs/.
- NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets, or cloth items
- Boats always required to remain 50 feet apart
- No “rafting” (tying boats together)
- No “beaching” (running boats ashore in shallow water to disembark)
Follow IMS YACHTS for the latest updates as this is a fluid situation. We look forward to seeing you on the water.